Monday, November 9, 2009

Des Moines Area - Week 3

Hello everyone! I hope all is well back home or where ever you reside. Seattle is a great mission. We have a goal of 610 baptisms this year and we are just a smidge behind. I am serving in the Des Monines area and I am already half way thru my first transfer. The time is going by so fast I don't know what to do with myself. For those of you who thought you had time to take naps... think again. Oh and Sunday's are the busiest days of the week. So much for resting on the sabbath.Yesterday was my first baptism of the mission. Her name is Kiethly and she was an amazing convert with a strong testimony. Although she has zero family support for her desicion, the ward is doing an excellent job at making her feel welcome. We had 42 people at her baptism and only 4 of those were those of her family. Other than that all I can really say is I am extremely busy and P-days are one of those busy days.So far I haven't had anything thrown at me. I have only had one person tell me I'm going to hell and only one satanic experience. Harry Potter witchcraft = Okay. REAL Witchcraft = not okay. As far as rain goes I'm pretty sick of it. I have only seen the sun for one day since I've been here in beautiful Seattle. My umbrella is hammered too because I use it so often. Well off to grocery shopping. Luckily this week I only have 6 items on my list. Heck yes.

I love you all!

Elder Bottema

2 comments:

  1. A baptism already? That's wonderful! I laughed about your Harry Potter comment, even though I understand the seriousness of what you were saying. I hope you continue to only be pelted by rain and not other projectiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John Bottema, this is your good friend Nicole, I just thought I would stop by your blog and say hello! Congrats on your first baptism!

    ReplyDelete