Saturday, July 31, 2010

Contacting on University of Washington Campus


This week was an interesting week to talk to people. I had a lot of crazies this week or should I say, those who "accept everyone" execpt those who are LDS. Yeah some guy ran up to us at a bus stop, screaming, which by the way was filled with people, and was telling us that we are so lucky jesus saved us because we should all be going to hell, mormons have killed society and murdered millions. I'm not even typing everything he said. It was a long awkward moment.

However, the same day in the evening we were walking back to the institute for an appointement and we found this investigator who is awesome! We set-up an appointment for the next day and she already belives that Joseph Smith is a prophet and reads the Book of Mormon more than we assign her. We teach her Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and then have her come to church on Sunday. It's so awesome and it works out perfect. She is from Venezuela and she is a chemistry graduate student. She plans on moving back to her country to be a professor. She is catholic and yet soaking it all up. She's really fun to teach.

Last Monday we actually did something fun and postponed our laundry because we didn't really have a working washer and dryer. We had to call the apartment maintenance. Especially since all 8 apartments share one washer and dryer.

Anyway, we went and drove downtown which is only 5 min or less from our apartment and decided to see the space Needle and the farmers market. Even though I had already done that it was fun to do it with Elder Grover, a missionary in my zone. The thing I had never done before was I went to the Troll under the Aurora bridge next to our house. Its right off of Freemont. Probably a 2.2 min drive from the apartment.

This week we are having zone leader council with President Larkin, again, because he wants to discuss some things. It's tomorrow in Bellevue and I'm quite nervous since we only have 2 on-date in our entire zone. EEEK!

Other than that I have no new news. Hope you are enjoying summer. I know I am! I love July in Seattle and I'm sure August will be just as nice. I heard September is also a great weather month so I'll be in my disappointed mood when October arrives again.

Thanks as always for everything! Enjoy this summer season.

Love,

Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment