Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mariana's Baptism & Transfers

The past two weeks have flown by so quickly I can't beleive it. I didn't eat lunch 4 out of the 7 days of the week because we didn't have time. The past 6 days I've actually eaten lunch 5 out of the 6 so there is an improvement. My companion Elder Scott went home on the 20th of September and he had a baptism on the 18th and a confirmation on the 19th and then flew home the next day. What an end to your mission! That's what I want to do. That'd be really fun. I can't believe a year has already gone by. I feel weird when people ask me how long I've been out. I feel like I have to pretend I didn't hear the question. Don't ask me why... I guess it's a missionary thing. We have another baptism on the 23rd of October and one on the 30th both of which I am excited for. It's fun to see them learn and connect with the ward. The university wards have the best fellowshiping in the mission. I love the singles. It's so fun to serve in a college ward. Especially right now with school starting. There are activities everyday this week and FHE is a picture scavenger hunt tonight and we have some investigators coming as well as Mariana, our recent convert. We have to miss the Friday activites because of zone leader council but I guess I can't have all the fun right?

In other news my new companion is Elder Bunton and we actually came out together! We were not in the same disctrict but we came out in the same group. I sat next to him on one of the 3 plane flights from Salt Lake to Seattle. If you don't recall we had a lot of problems with the planes we boarded. He is an excellent missionary and he is from Raleigh, North Carolina. He has a very sucessful family with brothers and sisters going to harvard, researching scientific things and making life altering discoveries! haha He actually studied Neuroscience at BYU and then deferred to come on a mission. He turns 22 in March so he's a little older. Luckily he is extrememly clean and neat and we have the same work ethic and so on. I've been really lucky the past couple companions I've had. Elder Scott was NOT clean at all but he was such a good missionary and I loved serving with him. He was a great influence and taught me a lot. I wonder what he is doing right now? Probably catching up on all the movies he missed the past two years. He had a long list of things he wanted to catch up on.

In last news we had Elder Kikutchi of the 70 come speak to our mission last Monday and that was so powerful. He did a training with us on contacting people and boy did it work! We had 12 new investigators this week and 4 church tours. We have two people on-date for baptism and our zone is doing amazing. Our mission is finally getting out of this rut that we've been in. Our mission president is a lot more liberal on his rules. He gives us a LOT more stewardship over our zone and lets us control a lot of things. It's so different than what I'm used to but I like it. I still ask him things all the time but he always lets me know it's okay. So different. That is definatly the plus of being a zone leader. You get to work with the mission president all the time. I see him at least once a week if not more. This blog is getting longer and longer so I better calm down. Thank you for everything you do for me and all the prayers I get. They are working.

Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment