Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fast & Finding Week


Oh my heck this week was so awesome! We fasted and prayed and now have four people on -date for baptism! Here is the cool thing. Two of them are member referrals, the first I've had since being in this area and they are solid. One of them is super excited to get baptized on the 27th of November while another is shaky but has excellent fellowship. Her name is Ghee-hee and get this; she is from Federal Way and was really good friends with Alex Elder. Alex was baptized back in June in the Jovita Creek ward and she sent me a letter a couple weeks ago giving me Ghee-hee's number because she lives up here on the UW campus... better yet in our ward boundaries. So I called Ghee-hee and she remembered me from some of the ward activities. She is a really sweet girl who would be a really good addition to our ward/ the church in general. Alex wrote me again and told me she is coming up here this Friday and will be on the UW campus Saturday to visit Ghee-hee but it gets better. She is bringing up 4 people of Ghee-hee's friends that are all members of the church who I know from Federal way and they are all coming to church and are going to sit with Ghee-hee. She is already being surrounded by these church members who are her best friends and she is going to be meeting even more people from our ward when we have lessons with her this week. Alex will be here for 8 days starting Friday.

I'm stoked to see a Alex as well. This rarely happens on the mission. Don't you love when you have recent converts who move to BYU-I who send you referrals in the mail who you get to see after you've been transferred? I know I do. ha ha

The rest of the week was really good and this Friday I get to be companions with Elder Bunton again because its our zone leader/assistant exchange. YAY! I am setting up a lot of lessons with our favorite people and leaving prime contacting time open to find more people. This week looks like another great week in the WA SEA Mission. Despite the dark days (the sun is completely gone by 4:30 P.M) and the constant drizzle of rain, life here is good. Just as a reminder next week is temple day so I wont be E-mailing until Tuesday. I love you all! Thanks
for everything you do for me.

Your missionary,
Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment