Monday, February 21, 2011

Another Amazing Week!


Last week we as a mission put 50 people on-date for baptism and this week we put 60 on-date for baptism. I wish you could all experience and hear all the stories I do and the feelings I feel as I see us and missionaries come closer to our savior. This week was a pretty "normal" week for missionary work. We actually got to spend more time in our area compared to most weeks. Unfortunately this week is zone conference but I still am somewhat excited for that because I have prepared something in which I am anxious to share. I am starting my training with a talk from Elder F. Enzio Busche. I'm not sure what the title of the talk is but if you search his name in YouTube it is the first video that pops up on the search list. Everyone should watch this video and sacrifice 6 min 44 seconds out of your day. You'll be glad you did.

This week we had the baptism of Junior (Nathan) Note. He was a husband of a part member family and now the family is no longer part member and their oldest sons birthday is March 16th in which he is turning 8. If only you could meet the best/ most wonderful people I get to associate with each and every day. I am reaping the blessings and you can read it along these lines. I challenge you to look for opportunity's this week in which you are a blessing to someone. Find that person or stranger who needs something more such as a smile, a compliment, or a message from the spiritual life that brings you happiness. You'd be surprised to find how happy it makes you. Sacrifice for those you love is what turns into love and it no longer becomes a sacrifice. The only reason we hesitate to sacrifice for others is because of the sting we are afraid to feel. Soon thereafter, or, the more you do it, the sting leaves, and your soul is filled. You can choose which road you take.

I love you all with my heart, might, mind, and strength. Continue to make good choices and follow the promptings you feel. I can't express how much joy this week brought me, but know that I am doing well and living a happy fulfilling life. I thank all of you who helped me to get to where I am now. I feel like my progression can never end and that my own charity and love has exploded. It's a gift god has helped me better obtain. I can't wait to fill my soul with more of it. Stay safe, happy, and healthy.

Love,

Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment