Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Wow. April is a really rainy month here! So in Seattle when I talk about rain it's usually a constant drizzle or a light sprinkle all the time. Well this week it has been actually raining hard all day everyday. It makes for good bike stories but as your pedaling in windy rain it sucks. It looks really funny going into lessons all wet. A member in our ward gave us towels to dry off in lesson. They laughed.

So we had some new changes this week. The mission has really been struggling on its goals and the Federal Way zone (the one I'm serving in) is 12 ahead if its zone goal. So we are really uplifting and keeping the mission going. Therefor we have done something unusual. Every first wednesday of a new transfer we have what you call a ZONE MEETING. This consists of missionaries in the zone setting goals and making plans and role playing lessons with one another. Well this one was quite different. This time we had a combined zone meeting with the Seattle Stake (my old area) and president ripped us a new one. We are counting lessons different but it makes it even more difficult to get our 20 lesson goal. I like the changes in some ways. I don't have to do nightly calls anymore to get key indicators. I just call to see how everyone's day went. I don't ask for numbers excpet Sunday night to get everyone's weekly key indicators. Our companion exchanges are also going to be a little more strenous and our district meetings may have 'surprise' guests such as Presidnet Moffat. EEEK! That scares me.
I'm just happy I'm serving in such a fruitful area with a lot of sucess and people to teach. My first 6 months have been very fortunate in that sense.

Well this blog is getting quite long. I still LOVE the letters. It's like a christmas present everytime I open the mailbox and see a letter for Elder Bottema. Keep being positive and good examples.

Love you favorite person,

Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment