Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week 6

This Week always seems to be the most hectic. Week 6 of the transfer and Week 1. Usually because you have to get all the departing missionaries things ready and as a zone leader make preparations for transfers and then Week 1 is departures, transfers, Zone meetings etc.
Everyone from the singles ward either left today or is leaving next Monday to head back to school. It was weird saying goodbye to everyone. It was even funnier talking with those who will be going to BYU -I the same time I do. I already have a small network going here in Bellevue. I love the Mormon world. So many connections.

It looks like we will also be training which means new missionary orientations. It'll be busy for the next two weeks. I will be excited to train again. I feel like I've been doing that all my mission but I've only trained two new missionaries and two new zone leaders but because of all the trainings I've done all over the mission and new missionary exchanges/ trainings I feel like I've done it the past 15 months. I realized that by the time I go home I will have served 21 months of my mission in a leadership assignment. A.K.A I am really tired. But I am moving forward wonderfully wasting and wearing out my life for missionary work. I will be tired all the way to the end!

Everyone around me (including members) keep reminding me, "This is your last transfer, " This is your last cycle meeting, "this is your last departure before you go home." It was funny the first 5 min... but now it's just annoying.

This week we ended up moving Sally's baptism to the 16th instead of the 19th of August. Her mom was leaving town and she wanted to be there so we decided to move it up before her mom left town. I am excited to have another baptism this week. I need five more in two months. Two more this month and three more next month. I can do it! Please pray for me! I am so close. I want to be the best tool I could be for the savior and to do so I need to "ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you."

Oh yeah! it's President and Sister Larkin's birthday today! I forgot! They are turning 51. I hope they have something planned. They are probably too busy though. I love that man so much. We had zone conference this week and he came to our lesson right after the conference.

Alright, we are off on another preparation day. Keep up your own missionary work!

Love,
Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment