Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Transfer 17

What a weird number. My last transfer. I don't feel any different and I don't think I will until I start planning lessons and weekly planning past my departure date. This is good because I want to work till the end of my mission. I am so excited to be here in Bellevue for my last transfer. Things seem to be on the up rise again after a two week scare. I believe since we gloried in our tribulations we were able to make it through and prove to the Lord that this is his work and not ours. Therefore we are seeing success again and we have an awesome zone! two of our district leaders were just released from being zone leaders and they are GOOD! I was shocked to see I got them in our zone. We have a stacked zone which is awesome because the last two transfers we have stomped disobedience out of our zone and now that it's gone we just got something even better!
This past week we were able to hear from our beloved apostle Elder L. Tom Perry. I learned a lot in this meeting. He basically told us that we all need to make our mormon.org profiles and use the Book of Mormon Broadway to our advantage! He said he wasn't expecting it to be such a big hit but it was. He had a meeting with Brother Marriott who said,

"We have a problem. I have hotel managers calling all the time and reporting that all the copies of the Book of Mormon are being stolen out of the hotel drawers. We need more copies of the Book of Mormon!"
I would say this is a good problem and now that the media blitz is moving our way we are going to see the same thing happen here. Everyone is WANTING a Book of Mormon to know what's really inside because of Broadway. Lets give them out and show them what they want, peace and satisfaction in those pages. Stories that can help us learn and relate to.
As far as an update in the zone:
I stayed (obviously) and so did my companion Elder Welch from Oklahoma. We took 3 Elders home this week and I was asked by President Larkin to help with departures and arrivals at the airport again. We haven't had time to do anything! This is our p-day. E-mailing.... THAT'S IT!! This is so similar to being the Assistant all over again. ha ha
Last but not least I love what I am doing and I feel no different as far as "trunky" goes. I am continuing to do what I have always done and that is serve to the end. It doesn't seem real anyway so don't worry about me too much. There is too much work to do.
I love you!
Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment