Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March Maddness

hey! So to understand this picture i will exlpain briefly of what it means. So I was walking down this street with my companion (obviously) and we were tracting. Well we tract one side of the street and then when we get to the end we turn around and tract the other. As we are tracting the east side we see a couple drinking coffe or hot cocoa or whatever it was on the west side. We wave at them and they wave back. We only had two houses left so we decided to continue and then we'd see them again shortly. On our way back we are just about to walk up the driveway on the west side of the street where these friendly peopled waved and they had stratigically placed an old christmas decoration in front of thier door so we couldn't knock on it. I thought it was pretty funny! So that is the story of the week.
As for more serious matters I had a very different interview than I usally do. My companion has been struggling pretty hard and i've been in a little rut. It escalated to an extreme on saturday night. He is extrememly home sick and was on the verge of going home. He's been out 6 weeks longer than I. He as a lot of medication for physical and mental disabilities. Very ADHD and anxiety and IBS and much more. He's been a struggle. I'm at a loss of words though because we've been so busy I don't understand why he's getting so depressed and angry. During interviews President Moffat said there are very few missionaries who can be his companion and therefore I have been forwarned that I could be with him for a long while. He needs CONSTANT attention and support. He gets a lot of that from home but apperantly needs even more. President also told me this isn't new news. The longer Elder Merrill stays out the more confident he'll stay on his mission. He said every companion he's had has had this issue at least once during the transfer. His 2nd companion got it every week. Please no. At Distrct leader correlation I got a lot of training on "how to deal" so we'll see how this works out. It's definatly a trial week. As for me I am still moving forward and you shouldn't have any worries of me coming home early.


Thank you again for the letters, love, and support from home.

Love,
Elder Bottema

1 comment:

  1. Hey - these kinds of struggles only prepare you to more fully deal with roommate situations and the struggles of your own family life, right! What is that song about being called to serve...?There are more ways than one to do that, and your companion is learning just as much, if not more, than you. Just in a different way. Doesn't make it easier necessarily, but keeps in in perspective.

    On the other part of your post, that picture is HILARIOUS! People are funny, aren't they? Keep your chin up and your prayers up too. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete