Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Positive Week

Yesterday (As in Sunday March 14th) was the busiest Sunday of my mission but by far the most rewarding. So I have meetings from 8:30 A.M - 12:00 A.M and then have chruch from 1-4. We had a lesson at 4,5, two at 6, and the last at 7 then District Leader Correlation (DLC) at 8:00. I was so tired last night but somehow managed to write in my journal. I haven't missed a day. That's thanks to Unlce Mark and his advice. Anyway, we had to find someone at 2 during church, had someone who we thought was baptized ask to be baptized (HOLLA!) and then found four new investigators! We have 3 church tours and one of them is today, preperation day. I tried to avoid it but it was the only day that worked for them so I'm sacraficing an hour of my P-day. I didn't realize before my mission that P-day was only from 10:00 A.M - 5:00 P.M. So an hour is a big deal. I feel like i've been running around with my head chopped off since September 30th, If I had advice for any who are preparing for missions I'd say, "Get used to being tired." I'd give anything right now to take a saturday to just sleep in.

Zone conference was excellent this past week as usual! I often wonder about our new mission president. I'm sure President Moffat doesn't like that but hey, I'm curious. Who wouldn't be? They can change whatever they want. The schedule before President Moffat was completely different. I think we'll hear a lot about them next zone conference. They said they would. They as in Sister Moffat and President Moffat.

I know this blog seems short but everything seems to have left my mind. I'd say the things that happened this week were positive and I'm excited for this week because we have so many lessons set-up with new investigators and one of them is for sure being baptized! Oh and Krissy's baptism is in less than two weeks. Weird. Oh and I have interveiws this week on Thursday. That's what I was going to say. Sounds like a crazy week and it is. Thank you for all the support at home. I'm greatful I chose to come and serve a mission. I feel like I've already learned so much and I still have miles to go. Hope to hear more news from home.
Love,
Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment