Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

This week was very productive as far as finding people. We were able to find 3 new investigators and take 2 of them on a church tour to teach the restoration. Every member needs a copy of PMG. It's written towards missionaries of course but there is a lot of information for members as well. Many of us get caught up in all the deep doctrine and this brings us all back to the basics. The messages we REALLY should be giving our non-member friends.

We had a crazy cleaning insepction from brother Long.... he is really clean. But now our basement looks spotless and I love it since it's usually messy. Hey, I keep my side clean. I get up at 6:30 every morning and make my bed. Does my companion? No, it's usually 7:30- 7:45. Moving on!

We are really working had on an investigator who we can not get to church and it's really frustrating! I don't know what his deal is?! He says he wants to be baptized but if you aren't coming to church then don't count on it. That's an important step. Any suggestions?

We also had interviews on Friday and they went really well! I am praying I'll stay one more transfer and get a new companion. That's my selfish side speaking but if I leave I'll know I'm going where I need to go. It's still kind of a win win situation because I won't have to be with you-know-who for another 6 weeks. YAY!

Okay enough negative talk. I love my mission, I love the people I'm teaching and I loved talking to the family yesterday for mothers day. Sounds like home isn't too bad. The only things I really miss are Disneyland and music. But they are sacrafices I'm willing to make. Alright I'm done writing nothing exciting. Thanks for the support. I'll write next tuesday since next week is transfers and preperation day is on Tuesday. The mission office also starts holding mail on Friday and sends it out again on wednesday. There is your tidbit of information for the week.
Till next time,

Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment