Monday, May 24, 2010

Korean Speaking

Yes, my thoughts were correct. Why would I be getting a car again? Maybe because we are covering two wards. My new companion is Korean speaking and he is from Bountiful, Utah and was at the MTC for 11 weeks. Poor guy. Training is difficult but so rewarding. Being a district leader trainer adds a whole other section of busy-ness. I have less study time, more meetings to prepare for, more meetings to attend, and required to teach MORE lessons. What the freak? How do zone leaders have time to train?

Bro. Long has been especially nice which is out of character for a new missionary because he like to intimiadate, but I think he's just as excited as I am to have a new missionary. Especially since he and Elder Merrill were in some type of fight everyday. No exaggeration. He has been so giving and kind, as well as my new companion. The first thing he said to me is, "I'll do whatever you train me to do. " ahhhhhh the heavens have opened! Talk about a humble companion. President Moffat had him read charity and love from the chirstlike attribute section of preach my gospel before he assigned me as a trainer. I don't know why because he is the most charitable companion I've served with thus far. I love this guy to death! I honestly wish he knew. I understand where the slang comes from when missionareis call theire traines sons because it kind of feels that way.

As far as baptims go we are preparing for Alex's baptism on June 5 and her interview is tomorrow at 4:00 P.M. She is awesome! I love teaching her. She is going to BYU Idaho next fall. We are still teaching Cory and are going to put 2 more people on-date. We were going to do it last week but the appointments fell thru. We will press on!

Okay as far as that goes no other news here. I'm only writing my blog because My new companion needs to set up his new address. Thanks for everything!

Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment