Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Des Moines Area - Week 5

So another week zooms on by. Preperation day is acutally today (tuesday) because it's transfer week. My companion is leaving me and I am getting a new companion. This is extrememly rare because I am a new missionary but the mission president told me he trusts me to keep the area moving forward so that's a plus! However this doens't help the fact that im now extrememly nervous that I have to take over the area and know what is to be done. I still don't understand the street system at all. If anyone feels like being generous a GPS would be appreciated. Oh and it's an acceptable electronic piece of equipment approved by the first presidency so don't feel guilty sending one. haha
So this week we took an investigator on a church tour. His name is Alvin and he is solid. He has been prepared by the lord indefinatly. He said a prayer for the first time at the end of the lesson/church tour and it was one of the most powerful prayers I have ever felt in my life. The spirit was so strong and we were able to point that out to him. I wish you could have seen the glow in the face as he was coming to realize the "fruits of the spirit" Galations 5:22-23.

Thanksgiving was really fun as well. We went to a members house (the tophams) and ate a delicious thanksgiving dinner that was made from scratch. Mmm mmm mmm... We also had a mission wide activity in the morning to play whatever sport we wanted. I played volleyball for the most part and then talked to some companions from the MTC for the last little bit. It was awesome to get to see so many faces and have little bit of "me" time. We only taught 3 lessons on thanksgiving and all of them were member lessons. It was hard considering everyone was out of town or with their family. I can't say I blame them.


Well that's all the news I really have for this week. I'll keep you in my prayers as always.

Love,
Elder Bottema

1 comment:

  1. I hope those cookies tasted good.... considering they sat at the frame shop like 2 weeks before mom finally mailed them. bahaha

    ReplyDelete