Saturday, December 12, 2009

ICE FREEZING COLD! - Des Moines Area, Week 6

So I am freezing up here. No matter what I do I cannot stay warm. Not to mention the fact that my appartment heaters are dying. The appartment coordinators are coming Saturday so I can tell them they need to be serviced since they don't really work and I'm about to see snow fall from my ceiling.

On the upside however December is going excellent! My new companion is another hard worker and we have 3 scheduled baptisms and 6 on-date for december. Oh yeah... fruitful Seattle. It's been super stressful this week trying to hit our goal of 20 lessons/weekly. But we did it on a shim. Everything was falling through but we did it because we are amazing and the lord answers our prayers so HA! But anyway, we found this one lady virgina tracting and we have taught her the first two lessons. She is engaged but doesn't have a scheduled wedding date. However, after teaching the law of chasity her and her husband are getting married next week and having a formal cerimony next year when they have the money! I was shocked to see the dedication that some people have to want to be baptized and such. Her husband is actually an inactive member but has stressed he has wanted to go back for a while. The blessing of tracting.

Other than that this week has just been a busy running around (litteraly) trying to teach people ... oh and I only had two doors slammed! :)

Thanks for being such a good influence in my life.

I love you all

Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment