Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MISTAKE!


So remember last week when I informed the world we had a new mission address? Well come to find out we were given the wrong address. What a great time to be confused where to send packages. It's been quite frustrating. Okay so this is my NEW mission address. Be aware it is very very similar to the fake new address.

Elder John Bottema
Washington Seattle Mission
10675 NE. 20th St.
Bellevue, WA 98004(one digit changed... )

So now that we have taken care of that here is what my week was like. It has continued to be freezing cold and today it is rainy. I never thought I'd say this but I'm so happy it's rainy. The clouds keep the warm air trapped. So even though it's been unusually sunny the freezing cold weather came with it. So choose your battles. Sunny and freezing. Cloudy and cold. Hmmm... such great options.This past week wasn't the best finding week for investigators so my companion and I have decided to read Chapter nine out of preach my gospel. It's about having the faith to find people. Our goal this week is to re-fil our pool of investigators. However, our teaching appointments went better this week. We bet or goal of 20 lessons a week and had 21. Do you know how hard it is to get 20 lessons a week? Especially since the new rule has been put in place that a lesson doesn't even count as a lesson unless a member is present. Trying to find a male member of the ward 20 times is quite challenging. Thank goodness for the great members we have in the Des Monies ward in the Seattle Stake... the best stake in the zone! They sacrafice so much. So my favorite recent convert is getting her patriarchal blessing this week and going to perform baptisms for the dead for the first time. I am so excited and wish I could go but at least I get to go to her endowment in a year. I already have been thinking about that and how excited I'll be. Especially since I had the oppertunity to work on the seattle temple. We drove past it for a christmas party for the whole mission and I instantly felt home sick. That hasn't happned to me yet on my mission. But when I saw the temple that I haven't seen since being here last summer all it did was remind me of the family and our fun vacation in Seattle. However, it went away the next day so overall I'm still doing fine when it comes to being homesick! Well I have many things to do as you know. Thanks for being such great friends and family! I LOVE and ENJOY the letters. Be safe and warm. :)

Love,

Elder Bottema

No comments:

Post a Comment